Rad reading – January

This month I read Gym Candy by: Carl Deuker. I didn’t get to finish this book but so far is a great book. So far in this book its about a kid who’s dad was in the NFL and got chosen but wasn’t anything special as he was in college. The main character Mick Johnson is in high school and was a very talented running back. But once he got to high school the competition for a spot was very tuff at first there was 4 players in his position better than him. After advice from his dad to keep picking of the worst ones and kept getting trying to play better than the person in front of him. After doing that 3 times he earned a second spot on varsity and then the starting running back tryed to tell him no freshman started but that maid him want the spot more. My favorite character was Mick because I relate to him because we both have fight to earn to get better and we both definitely want to be the best. My favorite quote from the book isAs game time neared, a sense of power filled me. It started in the back of my head and spread like a wildfire until I felt as if I was going to explode.” I really like the quote because there is great words and I can tell how he is feeling.