Rad Reading April

This month I finished reading the book Gym Candy by Carl Deuker. The main character Mick is the starting running back for the high school football team, but there is another kid who is also very good and they are both competing for the spot. So Mick decides to start using steroids to get the advantage and starting split which is not allowed. One time after practice Mick gets called into the assistant coaches room and gets questioned about using steroids because his weight lifting and running speeds were much better than last season so eventually one of his best friends who is the quarterback finds the steroids in his bag and tells him that he needs to talk to him at the beach and when Mick leaves the house he brings a gun. This book was so good especially if you like sports there is so much action and it is almost unpredictable. My favorite character was Drew the quarterback is my favorite character because confronting him was right because there is no way for him to dodge the punishment. My favorite quote from the book was “It was Drew, just as I knew it would be.”we’ve got to talk” he said.” This is my favorite quote because this is the biggest moment in the book and one of the most well written endings I have read.